Monday, September 25, 2006

It's Official

The much anticipated day has finally arrived. Tuition has been paid, student ID card has been activated, books have been bought, and a few new clothes as well. My Autumn Rain donned her new brown jacket, slung her very heavily laden laptop bag over her shoulder, and paused for brief goodbye as she headed out our doorway. WAIT! I need to take a picture of your first day. Which I promptly did, only it didn't turn out well and she would not appreciate my posting it. Too bad.

Now she's away and the house feels empty, even while the other 5 are busily doing their work around me. But I'll see her tonight and I'll repeat again how grateful I am that she's still living at home. I look forward to the stories we'll hear 'round the dinner table tonight, the very first of their kind told there!

No comments: