Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Changes

More than the weather and leaves are changing around my home.

This is new student week and my Autumn Rain is off to the University campus to get herself acclimated to the new surroundings, new people, and new routine of being a college girl. Have I shed a few tears? YES!!!! Having skipped the first day of kindergarten I managed to put off this parting for 13 years, but now the time has come......and well, I feel sad. I'm grateful for the extra minutes we've had the past few days as I've driven her back and forth to school. It's been a good opportunity to share in her grand adventure.

But that's not all the change in the air....tomorrow Ladybird will be 11. Happy Birthday to you!!!! You continue to shed an abundance of JOY upon our family. You may be a tiny one yet, but you are big inside and will never be overlooked in the crowd. May you grow closer to Jesus through this coming year of your life.

So while we enjoy the scent of refreshing rain in the air and feel the crispness of the approaching autumn, we also embrace these changes and wonder what the future has in store.

No comments: