Sunday, January 28, 2007

Flying Solo

This week has been long.

Much longer than I anticpated it being when my husband flew off to Texas last Sunday.

Come Wednesday, usually my favourite day of the week, I was happily anticipating his return Thursday night only to receive a very disappointing call. The project was going slowly and he would need to stay through Sunday. I would have cried had my new neighbor not shown up at my door right about then!

My husband's home coming each evening is the light at the end of my day. I've missed him sorely this week. Just as the lack of light in the winter affects my mood, so does the absence of my husband.

Soon, very soon he'll be heading home. Back where he belongs. I know the week has been long and tiring for him as well. The hours can't pass quickly enough. Soon my sunshine will be home.

No comments: