Friday, November 03, 2006

The Joy of Granting Little Wishes

It must have been nearly a year ago, Moonchild and I were enjoying a cuddle with a book about a trip to zoo. She began to ask what we might find in the zoo, if we went. I realized that this youngest child of mine couldn't remember ever visiting the zoo. And why should she? The last time she had gone must have been when she was only a year old!


But at that time we were in the midst of selling the house, packing up, and preparing to move. I quickly made a promise that when we were settled again we would make time for the zoo! Then the promise was pushed to the far recesses of my mind.


Throughout the year she dropped reminders and as her birthday approached the much longed for trip became fixed on our calendar. With great excitement we piled into the van, all eight of us available on the same afternoon (phenomenal these days). And made the journey into the city.


Miss Moonchild was delighted with each exhibit. And I was delighted with the time spent frolicking with all of our children. How many families have teens that still enjoy a day at the zoo? I am blessed beyond measure.


So, I thank you, my Moonchild, for your patience and for a wonderful family day. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to the zoo.

No comments: