Monday, August 21, 2006

Letting Go

While my Autumn Rain is revelling in her blossoming social life, this Mamablogger is having to learn to let go. And let me tell all of you coming along behind me, those of you who have only young ones at home, this day comes far to soon! It is very stretching to wake at 2 a.m. and realize that your child (she'll always be my child) is yet to come home. But I know my Autumn Rain, I trust her, I've raised her to be who she is, and I know that she is safe in my Father's hands. I've learned something else too, next time I'll send my cell phone along, just to make sure all is well.

2 comments:

Susanna said...

My mum would have lynched me! She always said it wasn't me she didn't trust, it was other people. But it sounds like The Autumn Rain has some good Christian friends and that you live somewhere that it is nice to be out and about in late at night. Maybe my mum worried so much because we grew up in London. She never has liked it there.

Anonymous said...

I was very proud of myself for not overreacting.