Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday's Musings

The weekend is just one sleep away.

This morning I hugged, kissed, and waved my scouts goodbye. They're off to test their skills against the rapids on the Rogue. Then the homefront became incredibly quiet. No music came resonating from the back bedroom of my home. No tall son telling me how hungry he is and asking what more he can snack on. No younger brother stick fighting in the front yard with the neighbor boy. In fact, even the neighbor boy is away and won't be ringing my doorbell asking for my sons all day, all weekend. And tonight, no love of my life to share my bed. I don't sleep well when he's away.

My big girls headed off to another day in the tea room...and a hot, sultry tea room it was today. My little girls disappeared into the back yard to their awaiting renovation project, turning the tool shed into a "hotel". They swept, dusted, threw out the junk, and created a wondrous world...complete with a cheery "fire" in the corner.

I swapped out the music selection in the CD player, carefully selecting for the mode I needed to enter. WORK MODE! I like jazz to work to, it keeps me moving. So in went the Wooden Nickel Jazz Band. The time had come to restore order, again, to my home. I put away the week's school books scattered about, dug out the hearth from beneath it's piles of newspapers and other sundry items that were dumped there in an effort to clear the table for dinners this week, then did the general sorts of things that are so easily neglected in the fury of the week. But I did it all at my own pace, stopping now and then to read another chapter in my book, which I finished this afternoon. I love a day to putter and see fruit and the end of it and not be completely frazzled in the process.

Now my Lavendar girl is off to a scavenger hunt with the kids at church, my Autumn Rain is taking time to restore her room, and my Moonchild and Ladybird are waiting for me to join them for a cuddle and movie time.

My home is clean, cozy and ready to be enjoyed throughout the weekend. And it will be ready and waiting for my hungry, dirty scouts when they return on Monday.

3 comments:

Di said...

Makes me wish I could hop in the car and come for a cuppa with you, my friend.

Order is being restored here, too, and I am enjoying the peaceful fruit of the labor.

Sending you love this Sunday,
DI

Lori said...

It's been too long since I've shared a cuppa with a friend. I wish you were on your way.
Missing you,
Lori

The Autumn Rain said...

You know about the Wooden Nickle Jazz Band?! I thought we were the only ones! *very excited*