Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Coffee Roasting 101


We're trying something new these days.....roasting our own coffee!

Start with a the Fresh Roast plus 8 and
a 4lb. sampler of green beans from Sweet Maria's.

Roast your green beans for approx. 7 minutes,
watching carefully so as not to set your kitchen on fire.

Voila! Fresh beans ready for your grinder.

There's really nothing that can quite compare to freshly roasted coffee. And, green beans are less expensive! I hope to recover the cost of my roaster within a couple of months.

5 comments:

Adrielle said...

Wow! I want to come to your house!
And I thought your coffee maker was cool! :)

Anonymous said...

I imagine that your house spells awesome. I love the smell of coffee more than the taste.

Except for coffee at my sisiter's house. Now she makes a great cup of coffee!

webster said...

dont like coffee but great work

Ed D said...

Lori G: Now if that doesn't beat us all in coffee devotion, what will? The only way I could beat that would be to go to Sumatra and pick the beans! Let's do coffee. Lori D.s

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I NEED to try this...how fun!