Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Time To Weep

We had high hopes for this new month as we turned the calendar page on Saturday. February had been hard and we were ready for a fresh start.

Three weeks ago today I was comforting my daughter as she mourned the loss of her classmate, her friend. I couldn't really ease her pain, all I could do was hold her while she cried and tried to make some sense of this young life cut short.

Today it's my turn to weep. The Lord chose to take my friend Annie home last night. My heart is heavy with sorrow. If we could only understand the ways of God. Why, God? Annie was so young and has young children who depend on her, a husband who loves her and will be empty without her there. Young moms shouldn't die from pneumonia.

This morning I held my younger daughters and wept with them, Annie touched their lives in a special way and they are grieving too. Life holds too many questions that will never be answered. Some days are just too hard to bear.

1 comment:

Adrielle said...

Dear Aunt Lori,
I am so sorry and will be praying for all of you as I did for Allison,and especially for Annie's family.
I love you all so much.Adrielle