Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Am I Ready?


The count down to Christmas has begun in earnest, it's just 7 sleeps away!!!! Tomorrow the Grandparents arrive, which will herald the beginning of our festivities.

Not that we haven't been celebrating already. We've decorated and begun baking, hosted a couple of parties, watched the Sunday School program with our adorable Ladybird and Moonchild participating, and made a few forays to town for shopping. I haven't done all that I wanted to do. I didn't make my photo pages to send out to family...yet, maybe they'll go our for New Year's. There is more baking to do and packages to wrap.

But I'm ready for the pace to slow. I want to savor the days shared with parents. I want to anticipate the arrival of my brother and his family coming to welcome the New Year with us. I want to enjoy the lights on the tree, the abundance of music in my home, cuddle up and read our Christmas books (now out of storage) with any children who want to join me.

I enjoy preparing Christmas for my family...but I love celebrating it with them even more!

No comments: