Saturday, June 16, 2007

Congratulations, Lavender Girl


Graduation Day has come in the blink of an eye. It hardly seems possible that 13 years have gone past since we began this journey together.

When I reflect back on the years of your education the words that most come to mind are CREATIVE and BEAUTIFUL. Whether you’ve been refining you music, or writing a character sketch, or working on a piece of handwork you’ve created something of beauty, something worth keeping and you’re not afraid to invest time and energy into the project.

Today is an exciting turning point in your life, the end of one chapter and the whole rest of the book lies ahead yet to be discovered. There are many wonderful opportunities to be explored and plenty of time to narrow the choices. I know that whatever you set your hand and mind to doing you will do with all that is in you.

Come September I’m going to need to grow a new right hand! The selfish part of me would love to keep you at home forever. It’s been a joy teaching you and now you’re ready for a new challenge.

With all my love,
Mama

1 comment:

Di said...

Sniff. Sniff. I'm there in spirit, dear friend.

DI