Friday, February 09, 2007

Good News

My Lavender Girl heard wonderful news this week! She received word of her acceptance to the Honors Program of our favorite home town university. Go Girl!!!!
Just standing on it's own this was good news. But it was extra good news for this Mama's heart, as I've watched my girl struggling to find some enthusiasm for the journey ahead, to wake and hear her say, "I'm excited to go to college, Mom!". I'm excited for her future. I'm excited to see her take this next step. I'm excited to see her excited. I'm just excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - way cool.
I'm excited too!
They sure grow up fast; don't they mama?

I look forward to hearing about her experiences too.

Di said...

What great news. A hug to the new honors girl.

Di

Anonymous said...

Thats Awesome news!!!

Congratulations to you BOTH :)

I'm sure college will be a wonderful experience for Lavender girl - That library will be getting pretty crowded with your family soon!!!