Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Living and Learning

Living life has become all encompassing this week as I acquire a new skill, one that should be very useful over the next many years, the fine art of organizing and hostessing a graduation. I've attended a few homeschool graduations in the past few years, but this is very different territory being on this side of the celebration!

So, as much as I'm anticipating the grand event and as proud as I am of Miss Autumn Rain....I'm feeling a bit frantic (because I waited so long to pull the pieces together), a bit overwhelmed at the number of details yet to be taken care of, and a bit teary eyed at what all this signifies...the end of this young woman's days under my tutelage. Some professors out there are about to inherit a gem of a student, one who lives to learn, one who is passionate about whatever she sets her heart towards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoping you have a wonderful time with friends and family - and that everything goes smoothly.

Enjoy your moment.

Lori said...

Thank you, Sparrow, the graduation day was delightful and relatively stress free. I still can't believe these years as her primary influence are coming to a close!