Thursday, May 04, 2006

Naming Susu















It has been my great pleasure over the years to be asked to name a few calves born over at Celebration Farm, where our dear Wisconsin kin live and learn.

First there was Lori's Betsy. Next came Moki...my #5's word for milk. And now Moki has her own sweet baby. The message arrived last week, "Aunt Lori, it's time for another name...Moki has a heifer."

Oh dear, I'm running out of ideas. We need something original, but it has to fit this little one. Something international? Let's continue with the milk theme. I looked up the Latin word for milk and discarded that idea. How about Spanish...Leche? That's not it either. So now I looked back in my past, to my days in New Guinea....Pidgin English for milk....Susu. Ah, just right. And here she is, looking as sweet as her name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»