Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome Spring

I know you're out there, come on in, you know you're always welcome here.

The bitter cold has gone away, my house stayed warm even after I let the fire die. I wanted to post a first day of spring picture, but didn't manage to take one. I saw some beautiful trees in blossom while driving through Salem this afternoon, but couldn't quite bring myself pull over long enough to park and snap a picture, there were too many other important tasks to accomplish. I needed to stay focused.

So focused I stayed and a very successful trip to town we had. Some cute spring clothes, shoes, and sweaters were found, a few birthday gifts purchased, and some fabric for the seamstress in our midst to play with over spring break. Everything happily accomplished in the few short hours we had to work with.

Now we've settled into another evening with friends. But tonight we have both big friends and little friends, everybody is happy. Tummies are full of homemade peperoni pizza. Big kids are enjoying a bonfire. Little people are off in a world of their own. And I'm catching my breath at the end of a busy spring day.

3 comments:

Adrielle said...

Your new picture is breathtaking! I think Salem is such a fun and beautiful town to explore! Except for those awful one way streets! It takes 10 times longer to get anywhere!

Adrielle said...

And a bonfire sounds wonderful!

Thankfulmom said...

I also am ready for spring! This morning it was snowing again, but it seems to be melting already. Lots of love to all of you.
Lisa